Best Kayak for Beginners 2021
In this Guide
Buying a kayak for the first time? We’ll help you fit a good fit. With the sheer number of kayaks available all across different categories, it can be hard to get your head around what a good kayak is. Fortunately, there are ways of recognizing the best kayak for beginners.
Buying your first kayak should not be an uphill task. Also, a kayak need not to have the latest and sophisticated features when it’s going to be your first kayak purchase. The two main considerations while buying a beginner kayak are stable handling and a low price point. The stable handling will help you get to grips with paddling and grow your confidence. The low price point means that you can easily affrd the kayak and get into the sport rather than being intimidated by the price.
We have reviewed the best beginner kayaks available for you. We have split them across three major categories so you can see which suits your pursuits the best. If you are not a beginner and interested in fishing, you can also check our buying guide best fishing kayak under 1000
Common Terms That Beginner Kayakers Should Know
You may not be familiar with a lot of technical terms for kayaks. And you might feel confused when reading our reviews and features of kayaks. Therefore, we have listed some common terms with definitions to help you understand our reviews better and compare and select the kayak most suited to you!
Stability is a very important feature to look for in kayaks. It refers to the ease with which a kayak can be flipped over in the water. This is important because you don’t want your kayak flipping upside down when you’re getting in and out of it or maneuvering through narrow turns.
It is a secure storage area covered with a waterproof lid. It’s opening is usually located behind the cockpit for easy access.
It is an ability that measures how straight a kayak can glide along the water without any steering or paddling. If your kayak is too response and can be turned easily, it has poor tracking ability.
These are holes on the underside of sit-on-top kayaks that drain water and prevent water bailing. They are a key feature of sit-on-top kayaks as it prevents the kayak from drowning.
The part of the kayak where the person sits
The shape of the bottom of the boat
Top 11 Kayaks for Beginners 2021
Intex Challenger K1 Kayak
|Easily moveable||Average quality paddles|
The Intex Challenger K1 is a popular beginner’s kayak that is known for being affordable and a good starting point for both children and adults. The K1 is actually an inflatable sit-in kayak model that comes with all the functionalities required to paddle. In short, the kayak covers the basics.
- Let’s start with what’s inside the box. You get a high output air pump, something that makes inflating this kayak a breeze.
- There are also lightweight 84-inch double-paddle oars made of aluminum.
- These oars make paddling much easier- thanks to their low weight.
- There is cargo netting at the front of the kayak so you can store your gear, and keep your water bottle securely.
- The low profile of this kayak means that it has excellent stability and control. The aluminum oars make paddling this kayak easier.
- The Challenger can accommodate up to 220 pounds of weight.
- The air pump in the kayak box does its job pretty well.
- It’s a hand pump so it will take a while before the kayak is fully inflated. The kayak is inflated in two parts: the bottom part (base), and the top.
- The seats are easy to clip inside the kayak and you also get a footrest.
The Challenger K1 is strictly not a beginner’s kayak, however, its capabilities should certainly not be tested in white water rapids, as it will simply not be able to cope with rough terrain. Due to its lightweight nature, and being an inflatable kayak, it is easy to store and can be carried around without the help of another person.
- Dimensions: 108 inches in length and 30 inches in width
- Weight: 27.2 pounds
- Capacity: 220 pounds
- The Intex Challenger K1 kayak is extremely popular with people who’re looking for an affordable inflatable kayak. Paddlers praised the kayak for its portability and forgoing the need for separate travel racks, which obviously require an additional monetary investment.
- The stand out feature of this kayak has to be its price. It simply has no competitors at the price point it is offered.
- The kayak is built with rugged super-tough vinyl material which makes it lightweight yet very durable.
- The streamlined design of the kayak makes it easy to track and maneuver in calmer waters.
- The lightweight also makes it comfortable to paddle.
- The Intex Challenger K1 is meant for calm rivers and lakes. It will not do well in rapidly moving water and faster rivers because it is just not meant to be used in that manner.
- Paddlers have also reported that the included paddles are not top quality and can get damaged quite easily.
- We would recommend you to get a good quality paddle to go along with the Challenger K1.
Check out the unboxing and review of Intex Challenger K1
The Intex Challenger K1 is a great choice for beginners available at an affordable price. It is extremely light and portable, and its stable dynamics make it easy to control in the water. If you want a kayak that can be stored away easily and will perform admirably in calm waters, the Challenger K1 should be your choice.
Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 – Best Recreational Kayak for Beginners
|Easy to control||Not for challenging waters|
|Affordable for beginners|
Recreational kayaks are a hotly contested category within kayaks, outselling every other kayak type. Recreational kayaks, as the name implies, are designed for easy going fun rather than serious sports activity. They’re most at home in flat water – like lakes or slow-flowing rivers.
- The Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 is the top-selling model in the recreational kayaks category.
- It is an inexpensive kayak that makes it a great first choice for those interested in getting into the hobby of kayaking. Not only is it economical but it is highly rated and praised by its owners.
- The Aruba 10 is a medium-sized kayak, with a length of 10 feet and a width of 30 inches.
- At just 40 lbs., it is extremely light and can be carried around by just one person. This lightweight is made possible through the use of durable polyethylene in the hull.
- The kayak has a carrying capacity of 250 pounds which means it can easily accommodate an average adult.
- The kayak has a beginner-friendly open design cockpit that allows for easy entrance and exit.
- The backrest is padded for added comfort and there is a storage compartment to store gear.
- The kayak has also been featured in our blog best fishing kayak under 500.
- Dimensions: 1120 x 30 x 13 inches
- Weight: 40 pounds
- The Aruba 10 is an extremely popular choice among beginner kayakers.
- It’s not a particularly high-performance kayak, but it makes a strong case for itself – thanks to its high quality and low price.
- The Aruba 10’s stable water manners mean that it has a linear learning curve, and novices can really hone their skills on this kayak.
- It possesses reliable and predictable tracking and has a reasonable balance.
- It is not the most stable kayak available but it does the job well as a beginner’s kayak that has been designed for calmer waters.
- Contributing to the Aruba 10’s beginner-friendly nature is its polyethylene construction – it is just 40 pounds.
- That’s light enough for a single person to carry around.
- It is also compact enough that it can be transported easily in the bed of a truck or on the top of a small car.
- Its low weight and portability give it an edge over competing models.
- This also means that owners don’t have to invest in a separate hauling system, which will save money and make transportation much easier.
- The stability of the Aruba 10 owes itself to the shape of the kayak’s hull.
- The body is quite wide and the bottom of the kayak is flat which lends Aruba a very stable nature.
- The short length also makes it much easier to control.
- The narrow bow and stern mean that the Aruba 10 tracks surprisingly well and its lightweight makes it easier to paddle.
- The kayak is praised for its performance given its affordable nature.
- The storage compartment in Aruba 10 is not watertight.
- The Aruba 10 is not a kayak that you will grow into. Users will quickly get to grips with it and its limits.
- Those who’re looking to take on kayaking as a sport will feel the need to upgrade eventually
- . It is a great kayak to build your confidence but you will want something with better tracking and stability once you start voyaging into more challenging water bodies.
The Aruba 10 is a perfect blend of price and performance. Its high quality coupled with low price makes it an ideal recreational kayak for beginners. This kayak might not exactly cater to those who want to do more with their kayaks, but it’s a great way to spend the weekend in the water.
Ocean Kayak Frenzy
|Easily moveable||Lacks storage space|
|Great maneuverability||Slow in calmer waters|
|Stable & rigid|
The Frenzy is manufactured by a reputable brand, Ocean Kayak. The brand is known for its lightweight and durable kayaks with beautiful color options. The ocean kayak frenzy is known to be a beginner’s kayak, but the kayaking fraternity rates is quite high.
- The kayak has superb tracking, stability, and maneuverability. Such characteristics make it a reasonable kayak for ocean waters.
- The kayak is 9-feet long and 31 inches wide.
- It is made of lightweight polyethylene material and that is the reason it is only 44 pounds.
- At the same time, it is rigid and built on the highest standards.
- Ocean Kayak frenzy has been built considering the factors of performance and weight.
- The kayak doesn’t have dry storage to store your items and gear.
- This is one downside as the anglers that want to kayak for longer periods of time want to store items in dry storage.
- Dimensions: 108 x 31 x 18 inches
- Weight: 44 pounds
- The kayak is affordable which is why it is a top consideration for beginners. It is also priced reasonably well when you look at the competitors offering the same features and quality.
- The shape of the kayak is also one good reason to buy it. We spoke with a few owners of ocean kayak frenzy and they shared that it is a great kayak to learn on.
- The reason they shared this was that it is stable, and when you are learning to paddle in the water, you need a stable kayak. A veteran paddler shared that flipping this kayak upside down requires some effort.
- Also, none of the kayakers mentioned any big drawback of owning and paddling this kayak.
- Maneuverability might be an issue but competing with other models, Ocean kayak is way better.
- Ocean waters are rough and require kayaks with better stability. This is why Ocean Kayak is great for using in ocean water. Similarly, you can take it to any rough river and it won’t disappoint you because of versatile characteristics.
- If you only plan to use the kayak in calmer lakes, it would be better to look for a kayak that has a thinner hull shape. In calmer waters, you won’t need that much stability.
- This model is for kayakers who want to go for an adventure in different types of waters and terrains.
- When we looked at the online reviews for the kayak, we got the same feedback – built on a high standard. T
- he kayak is also capable of surviving collisions.
- It easily navigates the paddlers through sharp rocks and gravel without any damage. Kayaks can get irreparably damaged in such endeavors.
- Kayaks with high stability have a downside as well. That downside is speed as they will require your extra effort to paddle them in calmer waters. This happens because kayaks like Ocean Kayak Frenzy are wider than kayaks that have good speed. This is the biggest drawback.
- Despite the dimensions of the kayak, bigger individuals report that the Frenzy is definitely a snug fit.
|Very easy tracking||Speed is not great|
|Ton of storage||Paddle quality is not so good|
|Maneuverability||Bottom of seats are not so comfortable|
|Comes with scupper holes|
|Comes with a warranty|
The new Lifetime Manta is a 10 feet long recreational kayak that is fit for multipurpose gliding.
- It can be used solo or tandem and has a capacity of 500lb.
- Manta has a number of cool features and performs really well in fishing, railing and even surfing.
- The kayak comes with two paddles, a fishing rod holder, a bottle holder, two padded backrests, a mast receiver receptacle, and shock cord straps.
- The tunnel hull design makes it extremely stable and safe to use with your family.
- It’s a perfect fit for a day out on calm waters with your family.
- The maneuverability of this kayak is also great, thus making it a suitable choice for beginners as well.
- The kayak is made from High-Density Polyethylene Plastic which make it lightweight yet very durable and resistant towards chemical reactions.
- Price: $479.93
- Length: 10 feet
- Width: 36 inches
- Weight: 66 pounds
- Maximum Capacity: 500 pounds
- It is ideal for beginners due to superior maneuverability
- It has a 500 lbs carrying capacity which means that it can fit two to three people comfortably
- It has extreme stability, which makes it a perfect fishing vessel, as you can focus on catching fish without having to worry about toppling over
- The kayak is built in an aesthetic way, with a beautiful shape, free of edges
- The kayak consists of scupper plugs so the cockpit does not get filled up with water.
- The vessel is heavy and difficult for a single person to carry from his vehicle to the waters. This makes the kayak non-ideal for solo paddlers.
- Due to its top-level stability, the speed offered by this kayak is compromised.
- The seats are not too comfortable, which can be a problem if you plan on spending long hours in the kayak.
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 – Best Angler Kayak for Beginners
|Excellent balance||Not suitable for long trips|
|Spacious storage compartments||Relatively heavy|
The tarpon 100 Angler kayak is a versatile single person sit-on-top kayak, designed for both calm and rough water surfaces.
- It has an ideal design for thrilling speed and efficiency unlike other fishing kayaks in the market.
- This kayak is known for its outstanding glide and maneuverability.
- Its compact size makes it an excellent choice for fishing on small lakes and ponds.
- The unique features include Phase 3 AirPro seating system, adjustable footrests, SlideTrax accessory rail, bungee paddle holder, molded mesh gear pockets, and Orbix hatch covers.
- The exceptionally large bungee tank well allows the storage of a number of gears needed for long hauls.
- The seat is specially designed to be very comfortable and flexible, suitable for people of every age.
The overall design of this kayak is engineered for a great water journey.
- Price: $645.15
- Length: 10 feet
- Width: 5 inches
- Weight: 61 pounds
- Maximum Capacity: 325 pounds
- Deck Height: 15.25 inches
- The seat is comfortable even for prolonged hours of sitting
- There are plenty of storage options such as the storage hatch and spacious tankwell
- It has great speed for a 10 ft kayak
- The kayak comes with a gear rail system which is a convenient solution for placing fishing accessories.
- The hull is wide and gives excellent stability which is essential for a fishing kayak
- The kayak is difficult to transport by a single person due to its weight
- The hatch might not be able to store some gear
Sevylor Quikpak K1- Best Inflatable Kayak for Beginners
|Excellent stability||Not suitable for rough waters|
|Very easy to transport||Low-quality paddles|
|User friendly||Poor tracking|
The latest Sevylor Quikpak K1 provides the ultimate portability and comes with everything you need to get on the water. It is a sit-on-top inflatable kayak specially designed for a comfortable ride on calm waters. Not many people trust inflatable kayaks because of the lack of functionalities and storage spaces. However, unlike other inflatable kayaks in the market, Sevylor Quikpak excels in comfort and has huge storage capacity as well.
- It features the Airtight System to prevent any air leaks and comes with Double Lock Valves and a hand pump to make inflation and deflation extremely efficient.
- The bottom part of the kayak is made of Tarpaulin to make the overall structure strong and puncture-resistant.
- Other key features include multi-position footrests, a backpack to carry the kayak when deflated, bungee cord, padded backrests, and Twenty-one Gauge PVC construction.
- The Sevylor Quikpak K1, however, doesn’t come with a tracking skeg, so it can become a problem if you don’t know the surroundings well.
- Price: $153.07
- Length: 8 feet 7 inches
- Width: 3 feet
- Weight: 16.5 pounds
- Maximum Capacity: 400 pounds
- It is an affordable choice in the market
- It is both durable and airtight for longevity
- It is easily portable as it can be deflated easily
- It can be set up very quickly and easily
- It is only suitable for calm waters
- It can be punctured easily
Sun Dolphin Aruba – Best Sit-in Kayak for Beginners
|Excellent stability||Not suitable for rough waters|
|Tracks and maneuver well in calm waters||Seat is not padded|
|Includes accessories of a fishing kayak|
|Comfortable sit-in design|
The Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 is a compact recreational kayak built for a fun day at lakes and rivers. It is a sit-in kayak, thus keeps you dry and warm inside the cockpit and is ideal for all-season paddling. It behaves best in calmer water conditions and is not recommended in rough waters as it often gets pushed around by bigger waves and water gets inside the kayak
- Aruba’s straight-line keel really helps with tracking without compromising on kayak’s maneuverability.
- The Sun Dolphin Aruba has an ample amount of storage space including the Portable Accessory Carrier (P.A.C).
- The kayak can also be used for fishing because of its two featured flush mount rod holders and the tray compartment located at the top of the cockpit.
- Its seat and footpads are adjustable to fit people of every size.
- Other key features include Paddle Holders, Bungee Deck Rigging, Protective Thigh Pads, covered console and rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex high-density polyethylene construction.
- Price: $346.44
- Length: 12 feet
- Width: 6 inches
- Weight: 47 pounds
- Maximum Capacity: 395 pounds
- It is a durable kayak that is made of high-density polyethylene. It will only have dents due to underwater obstacles, that can easily be repaired.
- The kayak is offered at an unmatchable price, considering the features it is packed with.
- It is lightweight and compact, which is why it can be fitted onto any car-top carrier, and also carried by a single paddler from the car to the shore.
- The kayak has multiple features to ensure it is comfortable, such as high back support, built-in spray deflecting collar, and adjustable foot braces.
- While there are multiple features that make this kayak comfortable, the seat is missing padding which might cause discomfort in case of extended periods of kayaking
- The kayak is primarily suited to flat waters
- The storage options are quite limited
Ocean Kayak Malibu – Best Tandem Kayaks for Beginners
|Really comfortable||Not very fast|
|Easy paddling mechanism||Not so great storage space|
|Lightweight and portable|
The Malibu Two is a sit-on-top tandem kayak designed for effortless gliding through water. Malibu two is a real game-changer in the world of tandem kayaks when it comes to comfort and ease.
- It has a very sleek hull which helps in paddling.
- Malibu Two comes with a number of cool features including thigh pads, comfortable and luxurious seating system, adjustable foot braces, side handles and cushions, removable bags, and extensive storage capacity.
- The kayak has been constructed through a process known as the rotational molding with rot molded polyethylene which makes this kayak resistant to oxidation and other chemical reactions.
- It also has a large bow that makes a great seat for a small child.
- However, the kayak can be converted from tandem to solo with minimal effort.
- Price: $549.99
- Length: 12 feet
- Width: 34 inches
- Weight: 58 pounds
- Maximum Capacity: 375-425 pounds
- This kayak has 2 adult seats as well as an extra seat in the middle in case you want to bring your kid along. So the carrying capacity is a huge plus point
- It is designed for beginners who are exploring recreational activities on water
- It is lightweight and portable which makes it easy to carry and store.
- It has back support which provides added comfort
- It does not have cupholders which would have been convenient
- It does not have great speed
Old Town Vapor 10 – Best Sit-in Fishing Kayak for Beginners
|Excellent Maneuverability||Not very fast|
|Lightweight and well-engineered design||Doesn’t come with a paddle|
|Can take on a variety of water conditions||No shock cord on the bow or stern|
|Two fishing rod holder|
The Old Town Vapor 10 is a sit-inside fishing kayak that is designed to be extremely stable and comfortable.
- It is a great vessel for entry-level anglers because of its excellent stability.
- The kayak has a rounded hull which makes it almost impossible to flip in the water.
- This great stability allows you to battle bigger fish in waters without worrying about the kayak to flip over.
- Old Town is known for using quality material for their watercraft and is providing very durable kayaks to its customers.
- The kayak comes with a mini anchor and a trolly to keep you in range.
- Other key features include paddle holder, flush-mounted rod holders, a live tank well, adjustable foot braces with Glide Track Technology, thigh pads, plenty of storage capacity, and a comfortable padded seat. There is also a skid plate at the bottom which helps ensure rigidity and durability of the kayak.
- Price: $599.99
- Length: 10 feet
- Width: 5 inches
- Weight: 48 pounds
- Maximum Capacity: 325 pounds
- Depth: 16.75 inches
- It has two-rod holders behind the cockpit to hold fishing rods and making your fishing experience relaxing
- It is lightweight and has carrying handles that make it portable.
- It is affordable, which means you don’t need to spend a fortune while buying a fishing kayak.
- It does not have adequate storage space for fishing gear.
- The kayak does not come with paddles so you need to purchase them separately.
Sun Dolphin Bali – Best Sit-on-Top Kayak for Beginners
|Excellent maneuverability and tracking||Difficult steering|
|Really comfortable||No rod holders for fishing|
|Inexpensive||No cushion on the bottom of the seat|
|Easy to transport|
The sun dolphin Bali SS 10 is a sit-on-top kayak built for gliding in calm water conditions. It is one of the best kayaks for beginners as it is incredibly easy to control and paddle with.
- It is made of Fortiflex high-density polyethylene which makes it extremely durable and resistant to chemical reactions.
- The Bali SS 10 has a creatively designed hull to make this kayak highly stable.
- The great thing about this kayak is, it provides great maneuverability and tracking capability.
- The thigh pads add to the comfort level of this sit-on-top kayak.
- Other cool features include adjustable foot braces, paddle holder, adjustable seating area, open cockpit for quick entry and exit, large hull, cup holder, bungee storage, Portable Accessory System and a waterproof container for storing your valuables.
- Price: $352
- Length: 10 feet
- Width: 30 inches
- Weight: 44 pounds
- Maximum Capacity: 250 pounds
- It has an open cockpit that allows for easy entry.
- It has ample storage space with multiple storage compartments.
- It also has a paddle holder
- There is no cushion at the bottom of the seat which can make it uncomfortable for prolonged periods of kayaking
- It does not come with a rod holder, which can be inconvenient during fishing
Tips For Choosing the Best Kayak for Beginners – A Buyer’s Guide
There are a lot of features and characteristics that define a kayak. Some of those will matter to you more if you are a beginner. We’ve spent a considerable amount of time deciding on the features that will matter to beginners the most. Going down memory lane, we investigated the models that we used when we were just getting started with kayaks. That’s where we started figuring out which features helped us the most.
The most important aspect of a beginner kayak is its stability and predictability. A more stable kayak will be much more forgiving to a novice who is very likely to make mistakes in water. The kayak must also be reasonably rugged because the novice does not know what sort of terrain the kayak should avoid. Some of the mistakes that a beginner is likely to make are that he will bump against sharp rocks and will run the kayak aground. A rugged kayak will shrug off such events without damaging itself.
So we pinned down stability and ruggedness as our two main characteristics for beginner kayaks. These kayaks are easy to handle and will be forgiving of the inevitable mistakes that a beginner is likely to make.
If you are new to kayaking, it will probably take you some time to get yourself familiar with how a kayak works. For this reason, you will want a kayak that can bear with you during your learning phase without falling apart.
Investing in a good kayak is a crucial step before you actually start kayaking. You will have to be very attentive to find a kayak that best fits your need. Read the online reviews, see what the buyers have to say about a particular model, and then shortlist a few that you find most suitable.
Being a beginner, you would not want to invest in something that’s too expensive. Compare the kayaks that you have shortlisted and see if they have an entry-level price point. A low price will make it easier for the beginner to get into the sport.
Finding out the appropriate length for your first kayak is also important. What would be the perfect length for your new kayak depends upon what is most important to you in the water.
If you want good speed and tracking ability, then you will need a longer kayak. On the other hand, if you want greater maneuverability (being able to easily turn around your vessel), then you will need a smaller kayak.
Just keep in mind your needs according to the type of water you will be kayaking on. Another factor in finding the appropriate length for your kayak is its portability. The longer the kayak, the harder it is to carry it around.
Width and Depth of the Kayak
To consider the depth and width of your first kayak play an important role in about everything from steering of the yak to determining how much you can store in your kayak. Most of the time, beginners go with the wider kayaks, as it provides more stability.
There is no single answer for the best kayak for beginners. Each new paddlers will have different things planned for their kayaks. Some will want something that is fast, some will want something that is comfortable over longer distances, and some will just want something that is easy to use for a nice relaxed day in the water. If you are looking for the best kayak under 500, the reviewed kayaks in this article are good options.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) of Kayaks for Beginners
Q. What is the Best Type of Kayak for Beginners?
Generally, sit-on-top kayaks are the easiest kayak for beginners to handle, simply because their stability and structure makes it easier to get in and out of. They are also convenient because paddling is quite easy in them.
However, sit-in kayaks are a better option if you plan on fishing
Q. Which is Better: Sit-on-Top or Sit-in Kayak?
It depends on where you will be kayaking: oceans with difficult tides, or lakes with relaxing waters. Generally, sit-in kayaks are enclosed and provide better protection, especially with an attached spray skirt. So this should be your go-to option if you want to avoid splashes
For the same reason, the choice between sit-in and sit-on-top kayak should be made by looking at the weather conditions. Sit-on-top kayaks are typically preferred in only warm weather conditions, while sit-in kayaks provide more protection against strong winds and cold weather.
If stability is a major concern, you should prefer sit-in kayaks as they have a lower center of gravity and therefore lower chances of tipping over. But they are a lot more difficult to get in and out of.
Q. Do Kayaks Flip Easily?
Recreational and beginner kayaks are typically a lot more stable because of their flat base means that they do not flip over easily.
Q. What is the Best Way For Me to Transport My Kayak?
If you have a small car, you can use the conventional method of foam block and strap to carry your kayak on top
Q. What clothes should I wear while kayaking?
When going kayaking it is very important to be well prepared with the right clothes. In the summers just carry along clothes and shoes you don’t mind getting wet, but in winters a wet suit is preferred or perhaps adding a few layers or a waterproof one.
Carrying a PFD is recommended for safety in case your kayak tips you over into the waves.
Q. What Should I Bring Along While Kayaking?
There are a few essentials you should carry with you when you’re going kayaking. These included sunscreen especially in the summers, bottled water, an extra pair of clothes, a cap (or a warm hat in the winters) and a seal-able bag to keep your precious items safe
Q. Is it Safe For Children to Go on Kayaks?
Yes, it’s generally very safe for children to go kayaking but above the age of 4 preferably. You could choose a safer option in terms of stability e.g. in sit-in kayaks so that you and your child can enjoy a stress-free experience!